Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Days of Grace: Day 3

So I survived this round of layoffs too. Go me! And with the new restructuring and updated business initiatives, I'm on the good side of that too. I hope this will last.
And then I finally went in for my root canal this afternoon. It went pretty quick. Now the Novocaine is wearing off and I need the ibuprofen to kick in. Soon. Real soon.

  1. Having a job
  2. Being on the winning side of new corporate initiatives
  3. Novocaine
  4. Kind dentist and chill dental assistant
  5. Chocolate milkshakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on not having to collect unemployment! We're so relieved to hear you made it through the layoffs. Here's hoping the economy gets better soon.

Debbie C said...

Re: root canal. My experience was quite different, timewise: I've had a tooth that was sensitive to heat, and I finally called and went to my dentist on Friday. Because the x-ray was inconclusive, he sent me to an endodontist on Monday, and I expected a consult. Instead, the endo. did an x-ray, tapped on my tooth, and then got out the novocaine and did the deed right then and there! I filled the prescription for pain meds, but I didn't even need them -- go figure! I was happy to have wasted that whole $2.63!