I got some really sad news this morning to kick off my Valentine's Day. A friend of mine had her baby girl on January 1st due to complications at 26 weeks. I followed along on their blog. There were a lot of ups and downs, but the baby always seemed to come through. She lost her last battle to a staph infection and pneumonia. She passed away in her parents arms early this morning. I know Valentine's Day will always have a very different meaning for them going forward. I can't put into words the sorrow I feel for them. It has made me truly thankful for how fortunate and blessed I am. There are so many things they won't get to experience. I hope they come out of this strong and maybe one day will get to be parents again.
So here is my list today:
- Family - all of them, even the ones who whine, stink, and snore
- A day together going places and doing the things we love
- Hugs and snuggles from the boys
- Take-out from a new pizza place. Spinach calzone, yummy.
- Wine and a movie with the husband after the boys go to bed
No comments:
Post a Comment