- Glad I'm not in Congress. All that standing up, sitting down, and clapping business. They are going to be sore tomorrow.
- I totally used Mardi Gras as an excuse to make chocolate brownies. I have no idea how to make a King Cake, but I did explain the concept to Nicholas. He didn't think little toy babies in a cake was a good idea, but prizes on the other hand...awesome.
- Bought a new craft knife, xacto style. We'll see how it does on curvy lines. Anything will be better than my current knife and the one that died.
- Pancakes for dinner. Even as a not-recently-practicing Episcopalian, I can't pass up the tradition of Shrove Tuesday pancakes.
- Noticing the gas tank was on E before it was too late.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Days of Grace: Day 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL about the brownie/ king cake substitution. I'm not a huge fan of king cake, so I'd take a brownie any day. We have pancakes just about every weekend, so I opted not to make them for dinner, but good for you for keeping that one up! =)
I learned this year that a lot of the bakeries have stopped putting the baby inside the cake, because apparently someone choked or something (it had to happen eventually), so they give you this little packet with your cake that has a baby and a few cheapo strands of beads. I guess you're supposed to jam the baby in the side of it yourself. Very silly, but maybe Nicholas would approve of that.
Post a Comment