Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wish I Had Been There

Tonight I went to my friend Kim's place for her birthday party - sans spouse and kids. I made wine glass charms as my on-the-cheap gift. I knew that's I wanted to give and I wasn't impressed with the very limited selection at Total Wine. I asked Adrian to stop by Michael's while we were out so I could pick up some wire and beads. Sorry, I didn't take a picture. I have lots of leftover materials so maybe I'll make them again for another occasion.

Anyways on to the real point of this entry. I put Travis to bed before I left, leaving Adrian to handle Nicholas on his own. Nicholas said he would wait up for me, which was very sweet of him. Somehow it came down to bargaining. Adrian made a deal with Nicholas that he could sleep in our bed if he would be a good boy and go on to bed. This is the story I got from Adrian. He is in our room with the Kung Fu Panda book and sends Nicholas to get what he needs for bed, expecting an armful of blankets and animals to come back. He is waiting a while and hears a lot of commotion in the hallway bathroom. Finally Nicholas comes into our room with his arms loaded up all right. He's got his toothbrush cup, toothpaste, stepstool, towels, shampoo. You name it, he had it. Adrian questions what he is doing. Nicholas's response, "I'm moving in. I'm going to be here a while."

Luckily without much of a fight at all, he took everything back to his bathroom and put it all away. I wish I could have seen this in person, but if I had been here a deal like this would not have gone down in the first place. Adrian was moved in so many ways (hysterical laughter and awe of how precious it was) that he called my cell to tell me about it right away.

1 comment:

erica said...

That's awesome. =) Sounds like he's ready for sleepovers, or at least he'll know how to pack a suitcase. Hehehe.

I made wine charms for us and as gifts a few years back, but I had forgotten about that-- it's so fun to create something little and personal like that, especially since you weren't able to find any you liked at the store!