I started my Saturday by picking up a dead mouse from the kitchen floor. (Note: this is my second dead mouse pick-up this month. I am up 2:1 on this game. Adrian's shouldn't really count since all he did was take the food bowl outside and dump it. The cats have gotten pretty good at the killing thing lately.) I took several grocery bags and picked it up. I didn't want to feel the shape of a mouse when I did it. And that is the pinnacle of the reuse methodology on plastic grocery bags - dead body disposal.
At the end of the day Adrian had the chance to take a puked-on crib sheet and pajama top to the washing machine. I had to clean off a kid and brush his teeth again. By the way, the puker was totally fine as if nothing happened at all.
And to close out the day, Maggie must have been disoriented and thought the entrance hall was her bathroom. I sniffed it out and asked Adrian to handle it. I take care of enough human feces around this joint.
All in all, we handled the extremes in a responsible and non-argumentative manner. I still think I won in the grossness category. Dead rodents will trump puke and feces any day.
4 comments:
Your grossness trumps Adrian's, but his required a longer time commitment. But both are preferable to taking everything out of a pantry or cabinet and wiping down the shelves, plus the tops of every can, box, etc., to remove mouse droppings and urine. Did you know that mice have no bladders? This is why they can squeeze through tiny cracks, but also why they leave a steady stream of urine wherever they go.
Well, thanks for grossing me out even more. We have not found evidence in our cabinets holding food. Only the cabinet under the sink. A mouse is welcome to all the chemicals and detergents.
Even though you had the gross duty of removing the bodies, your cats probably prevented the need for the wipe-down operation. (The connection was clear in MY mind, but I just haven't perfected that telepathy thing yet.)
Eww, eww, eww. The only time we had a mouse, it was briefly in the jaws of a cat before it decided that leaving our house would probably be the best idea. We never saw it again, thank goodness. I did have a whole family of them living in my piano in my TA office a few years ago, though, and some guy from maintenance came and put down a bunch of glue traps. It was horrible to see them dead there the next morning.
Also, we had a lot of puke around here over the weekend, so I'm feeling your pain, but I'm much less squeamish about it than you are, I think. Still, no fun... but at least your puker was better right away!
Post a Comment