Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It Paid Off

See it pays to be a cynic or a pessimist. We have snow! And school was closed. And my dentist office was closed. So we all got to stay home. All day. Thankfully they had gone to school for a little while yesterday so it hasn't been quite four straight days. It's predicted anything that melted this afternoon will refreeze tonight as the temp drops to the teens. This can only mean school will be closed tomorrow. Joy. More time cooped up. These are the days that are extra long and I can't wait for bedtime.
We did sit down and watch the inauguration. Technically Travis was taking a nap upstairs. It was very exciting. And I just finished watching the Obamas walk part of the way down Pennsylvania Avenue. A gutsy move but the people loved it and they made it safely back in USA 1.
Here are pics from today playing in the snow. It was only about 3 to 4 inches then. It made it to almost 6 inches, according to my reliable meteorologist, for what that is worth. I didn't pull out a ruler to try and contradict him. But if I need a moment alone outside I will do it. I probably need a moment alone right now. It's cold so I'll probably just hide in the bathroom.




No comments: