Saturday, May 16, 2009
I Hope I Didn't Start Something
I had Nicholas with me running errands. We didn't go to our regular grocery store. We went to the one near Home Depot just to get a few things. This place has a lotto vending machine for the scratch-off tickets. He's never seen them or heard of them before but the pretty colors and lights attracted him. Probably the same effect it has on the poor half-drunk shoppers late at night. Anyway, I thought why not, we might get lucky and what's the harm. I put a crisp dollar in. He pushed the button for the one he wanted (3 chances to get three matching fruits in a row). Once we were in the car, out of public eye, I showed him how to scratch off with the edge of a coin. Sad to say, he's not much of a lucky charm. We won nothing. Oh well, only a dollar lost to introduce him to gambling. His response, "we'll just have to keep trying." For those of you filling out my Mother of the Year application, be sure to include this fine story. Okay? Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This made me laugh out loud-
and my word is "honest", honestly!
Post a Comment