Monday, December 29, 2008

Still December

Christmas seems like it takes so long to get here and then it's done in a flash. I blogged and photo'd every day of Christmas week. And now we're in that odd little place after Christmas but before the end of the year. Time to look back at what's been done and then to look at what could be on the horizon. I never try to look too far ahead, but I catch myself daydreaming a lot (like winning just a small chunk of change in the lottery, sitting on a nice beach somewhere). I've been reading a blog written by a hilariously funny woman in Canada. She's been doing a theme called "Days of Grace". In addition to her regular posts she also posts a daily list of 5 things she is thankful for that day. Sometimes it's little stuff like being able to pack a suitcase in 10 minutes, or big stuff like having siblings home to decorate for Christmas. It's an ambitious project. I don't think I could do it on a daily basis. I sure could give it a try on a semi-regular basis because I am grateful for the little things and the big things in my life.
We had five days at home for Christmas. A lot of family bonding time and it went fairly smooth with only small hiccups. We're supposed to be getting back into a routine today. Adrian is still off work for another week but he has appointments lined up (vet, chiro, lunch, etc.). It's almost 8 am and I am the only one awake. I was going to put my coffee in a travel mug. Instead it's in a regular mug so the boys can have just a little more sleep. I think they have taken to this sleeping in thing a little too well. Don't get me wrong, it's grand. But I do have a job to get to, which I am also thankful for, considering the alternative. Of course I could play hooky and stay home. I would play on the Wii all day. I'm already a pro in bowling. I KO Adrian every time we box. I need to work on my golf game. But then what kind of example would I be setting for my children? Hmmm... Since I'm already dressed with my hair done, I'll go on to work today. And I'll drag the boys out of bed and make them get dressed too. At least we'll have Thursday at home, and then the weekend. Friday will just seem out of sorts this week.

No comments: