Friday, December 5, 2008

Like Mother Like Son

I allowed Adrian to buy outdoor Christmas lights all by himself. According to him, there were only 3 boxes of clear lights so he bought 2 boxes of LED to cover the hedgerow. Maybe in the daylight it didn't look so bad. When I got home I could not believe my eyes. My hedgerow had an alternating clear light - LED pattern. I was speechless. How could this have happened? Adrian knows my longstanding opinion of mixing lights. You either go one way or the other for traditional decorating. The Griswolds, that's just a whole other world that I could not live in. While I am embarrassed to leave them on all night, I will wait until tomorrow to purchase more of one or the other kind of light and correct the situation.
I cooked noodles for dinner. We were low on egg noodles and farfalle (bowtie), so I threw them both in the pot. Travis went to town on them. I served a bowl to Nicholas and you would have thought I had just backed over Mr. Potatohead with a steamroller. "There's two kinds of noodles!" The meltdown passed and he agreed to eat, but only the egg noodles.
Looking back, I find it funny - sometimes he is just like me.

No comments: