Monday, December 1, 2008

Coworker Suspicions

For several weeks I've suspected the girl sitting across from me is pregnant. We've been wall mates for almost a year so I sort of know her habits. Nothing has been confirmed but I'm getting closer to the truth I tell you. She probably thinks she's being sneaky. Little does she know, I have can be keenly observant when I don't want to be working. Here are my clues thus far:
  1. Stopped bringing in homemade lunches everyday and has been buying lunch from the cafeteria (which is good food, btw). - It's because she's too tired and/or nauseous to make them in the mornings.
  2. Looser fitting clothes, going as far as wearing a really baggy sweater which I would swear belongs to her husband. - Obviously having a fashion crisis with her regular wardrobe.
  3. Working from home about 1 - 2 days a week which she never did before because her husband works from home everyday. - It's because she's too tired and/or nauseous to make herself presentable to appear in the office.
  4. And finally today she wore an empire waist shirt which could totally pass as maternity. - She has accepted her state and is almost ready to go public.
So there you have it, my keen observational skills at work. One of two things will happen - either she's pregnant and will let us know soon, or she's gained some weight and is feeling really insecure. Stay tuned...

No comments: