Monday, October 27, 2008

What are they teaching him?

Nicholas is intrigued with the whole NC State-UNC rivalry thing. He knows I went to State and cheer for the Wolfpack. Some of his teachers and classmates' parents went to UNC and therefore are Tar Heel fans. He's under a little pressure to follow his friends or his mom.
When I was loading groceries into my car with the State license plate, he told me what he plans to do when he grows up. He is going to have a Carolina blue car with a Carolina license plate, a Carolina key chain and a library card key chain. I advised him that he will be doing this with his own money. He agreed that it was a good idea.
I know he has the potential for a good education and is learning how to be a part of an age old rivalry, but I think the library card is the best part of the plan.

Oh - and why do cats like to take their evening naps in Travis's room and then scratch and cry at the door to be let out...every night?

1 comment:

erica said...

Hmm. Obviously, the system is failing him. A Carolina blue car... I've never heard of anything so ludicrous. Oh wait, my car is light blue. But it's not "Carolina" blue, because UNC sucks. Ha. The woman who cut my hair the other day, when she found out I was from North Carolina, said, "Oh, I guess you cheer for Carolina, then?" I shuddered, laughed, and quickly corrected her.

FYI, we have a conflict between Little Boy Sleep and Cat Meows as well. I feel your pain.

Okay, back to this UNC thing. I guess it's like a phase of only eating hot dogs or something. UNC is remarkably similar to hot dogs, actually... a lot of people like them, but nobody actually knows what's in them, and really, they're kind of gross if you think too hard about it.

Eventually, he'll see the light, and you'll breathe easier. =)