in a swimming pool. Breast stroke, side stroke, fancy diving too...
Nah, not all in the first day. Nicholas had a lot of fun. In the Parent & Child class you hold the child the whole time in the water. Rest position is on the hip and you bob up and down so the child gets shoulder deep. Then we tried other positions so he could practice on his belly kicking his legs. He said it was like being Superman. The teacher is great and seems well experienced with the course level and age group. And get this...there's 5 girls and 2 boys in the class, the other boy is named Nicholas and also 3 1/2 yo. Makes it easy for the teacher to remember.
1 comment:
Fun stuff! I've taken Kent to friends' pools a few times to get him interested in and used to the water, and I keep thinking we should do a kiddie swim class one of these years. I hope Nicholas has a great time with it (and you, too)!
Post a Comment