We made a short walk on to the beach for their visit view of the ocean. The weather was miserable: 55, windy, drizzly. I am planning a future trip to the beach when they can enjoy it.
I drove the boys around while they napped, scouted out all the places of necessity (Target, Harris Teeter, Starbucks, etc.), became familiar with the area, and picked up Adrian.
A brief rest period at the hotel, and then off to a pig pickin' at a player's beach house.
Today the weather was much better, well at least sunny, it was still close to 60 and windy. We dropped Adrian off and went to a local park.
Adrian's team advanced a little further in the tournament so the boys and I went to the historic downtown area. We walked along the river front and ate lunch at George. I highly recommend it. The staff was great, crab cake sandwich was great, and the white cheddar grits were also great.
We picked up Adrian and stopped at Fanboy Comics on the way out of town. There was $1 comic sale, so we racked up on old comics for Nicholas (and Adrian) to enjoy.
*Nicholas said that when he grows up he wants to ride a motorcycle like this one. I will have to research the safety of 2 wheels in the front design.
No comments:
Post a Comment