Saturday, March 7, 2009

Notes from Today

  • I went for a run mid-day. It was in the mid 70s and sunny. I didn't make it nearly as far as in recent runs. I think it's due to the weather. I am not used to running in daylight and warmth. What other reason could there be? You can't get worse if you're training, right?
  • During the run I saw a guy working the neighborhood. He came to our house while I was out and I saw him talking to a neighbor. He was asking to do yard work. His car is also for sale. It's sad. Here's a guy trying to make an honest buck because he probably needs it. And has resorted to going around looking for work. There are so many others who bypass that and go other more criminal routes to get that buck. In hindsight we probably could have come up with something for him to do for a little money.
  • The boys' school hosted a spring carnival, complete with games, prizes, hot dogs, cotton candy. We started out splitting up so each boy could do the age appropriate and desired stuff. Travis got a blue paw print (a la Blue's Clues) painted on his cheek. Nicholas scored some candy and small prizes at the games. They both learned how to eat cotton candy, a totally new concept for them. They finished out the carnival by playing in the bouncy castle.
  • I went to Target and Harris Teeter all by myself! I pushed the cart at my own pace. I selected only the items on my list or that I wanted spontaneously. That's not to say that Adrian didn't call my cell several times with suggestions.
  • Tonight's dinner theme: food inside carbs. The boys had PB&J Uncrustables. And Adrian and I had spinach calzones.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

What a sad man. I hope he makes it all out okay. Stupid economy.