Yesterday I woke up with a stomach bug and wanted to lie in bed for a while. Being the lucky mom that I am, I had a nurse at my side to take care of me. He got a deck of cards for us to look at. Then showed me magic tricks with a quarter. I also got to hear his version of a couple of his favorite books, Transformers: Optimus Prime Versus Megatron and Batman Versus Joker. I was touched by his efforts and his sacrifice of toys and TV to make sure I was happy.
I finally mustered the strength to go downstairs and await our guests. My stepmother and her husband came to visit for the weekend. We stayed at the house the whole day hanging out, playing, and reading. A lot of bonding time for the boys with them. At the end of the day we ventured out to Panera for dinner. Light fare, no overbearing waitstaff, and a change of scenery.
Today I woke up feeling much better. Debbie and Bill brought breakfast from Panera. We saw the gingerbread bagels on the menu board the night before and couldn't resist trying them. They just left for the airport. It was short visit for them but we filled it with plenty of quality time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment