Today was not a day for sleeping in and vegging on the couch. No sir. Today was a day for getting that list of chores done. You know the kind you need an empty house for several hours to complete. Vacuum every room, mop the hardwood and slate floors, dust some furniture. Did you know there is a top to my dresser? I hadn't seen it in ages. Clean the mirrors (gasp!). Sort Travis's clothes - outgrown into a bin, potential hand-me-downs out of a bin. Organize arts and crafts in an order a 3 year old might manage. The occasional load of laundry. (My presence during the day must have irritated a certain someone.) As a nightcap to the day, taking a twin size comforter outside to shake off cat poop and then cramming said comforter into my non-commercial size washing machine. Isn't having kids and cats just great?
P.S. I found a great tea to make it all disappear. Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red. It's delicious. And that I triple-couponed it at the grocery store makes it dirt cheap.
1 comment:
Ooh, I love Good Hope's vanilla red tea, so I can imagine that Celestial Seasonings' is delicious, too. When we worked at Borders in Philly, we could get coffee and tea for free from the cafe, and I always got that stuff, usually turning into some really lovely iced tea but occasionally drinking it hot.
We find the occasional cat turd on the floor outside the litter box, I think from where they've just kicked it too enthusiastically, but our bed and the sofa gets peed on sometimes. We've washed our bedclothes far too many times... so I feel your pain on that.
Post a Comment