Saturday, November 22, 2008
Holiday Spirit
The last couple of days the car radio has been on the holiday music station. I've been feeling the spirit and enjoying the standard tunes, "Chestnuts Roasting", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". Then came the carols. I remembered some of my favorite memories. I loved going to Christmas Eve services when the choir sang carols. The church was beautiful with candles, garland, and wreaths. All the families together, older kids home from college, etc. The pageantry of the service and the carols cannot be replicated by any other holiday. I am totally unable to carry a tune at all but I couldn't help singing along to my favorite carols. And I sang along with "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" right there in my car, all by myself yesterday. I didn't care if people saw me because I was thinking about Christmases past. That comfort combined with my Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Twist made me feel so warm inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment