Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Worth 20 Bucks

I stopped worshiping the sun about 9 years ago. I still continued to sunbathe on occasion, but the last time was 4 years ago (note - that is before pregnancies and the last time I wore a bathing suit, for those of you tracking at home).
I went to visit my friendly neighborhood dermatologist for my regular mole check. My last one was 4 years ago. Not much had changed in general. I had a sun spot on my cheek that got darker during my last pregnancy, but it faded somewhat afterwards. It was still visible and the skin was dry and flaky. He took a glance at it with his super bright light and reached for his "super-freeze gun". When a doctor refers to something as pre-cancerous, well it almost makes your stomach turn. My cheek is still stinging and burning a little. I feel better knowing that I took action before that term didn't include the pre- in front of it. Totally worth the $20 co-pay.

1 comment:

erica said...

Scary. I'm glad you got it taken care of!