Sunday, July 27, 2008

To Be on HGTV

If I lived on the West coast, I'd nominate myself to be on one of those decorating shows. I am at a loss on window treatments for my living room. The 3 windows across are troublesome. I have neighbors across the street and at night you can see straight into our living room (not that I've seen them looking, but I know it's possible). And we face south, so we get lots of day light which can fade furnishings and can waste energy usage. What's a girl to do?
I bid a fond farewell, okay not so fond, to the movie theater look we had going on.





















I found some great striped chocolate silk curtains, fully lined for 50% off at BB&B. A total steal! I have one in my possession, more are coming by mail. Even if the store is out of stock they will order more at the sale price and knock off the shipping cost. I may have buyer's remorse once I see it all in person. Already I realized the top of the panel is much narrower than I thought due to the pleating. Here's a sneak peek on the far window, with my lovely assistant.









No comments: