Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Single Mom

Adrian is at a lacrosse tournament in Asheville for his adult league. Conveniently it's the same weekend as the Bele Chere music and arts festival. It's okay, I'm rocking the single mom routine this weekend. Although I have neglected to take a shower and Nicholas hasn't had a nap, we're still in very high spirits around here.
We went to our regular park earlier than ever before and the playground equipment hadn't reached untouchable temperature yet.





















Seconds after this shot Nicholas landed flat on his back under the ladder. My heart leaped out of my chest. Against better judgment I scooped him up and tried to comfort him. He did not recover at normal Nicholas speed, his pain threshold is pretty good. I carried Travis and Nicholas rode in the stroller back to the car. He says he doesn't want to go to that park anymore. I'm sure he'll change his mind once he is over the trauma, but I don't know if he'll go back on the ladder.

For lunch the boys had Italian wedding soup. It has to be the Progresso brand, others have different noodles and meatballs which do not meet the standards at this house. Can you tell how much Travis likes it?











We were out running errands and I offered to get milkshakes. I was actually turned down. How am I going to use the excuse that someone else just had to have a milkshake so I got one too? I guess I saved money and calories which is nice.
We'll see what the rest of the day holds. I hope it goes well and so does tomorrow. I might not go crazy this weekend. Woo hoo!

No comments: