Tonight I made it 37:21 without stopping. Since I know the distance to the local park, I was at a sub-10 minute mile. I'm feeling pretty good about the races I have scheduled in the next couple months. More than likely, I will not make a complete fool of myself.
I didn't take water with me. My current water pack is annoying me recently. The other day I left it by someone's mailbox and circled back for it later.
For whatever reason I have always been more of an evening fitness person. How can I have energy at the end of a long day? I try to run in the mornings but I just don't have the endurance that early. And almost all races are held at the crack of dawn to beat the heat. I did find one evening race. It's sexist overtones are making me feel too old to sign up. It's called Skirt Chasers 5K. Every runner gets a running skirt (it's all the rage in some circuits, but the chafing doesn't sound fun). And the women get a 5 minute head start so the guys can watch. Seriously. The race is followed by a fashion show and happy hour - because it's hosted by a local Irish pub.
On a related note, I am going to lose a toe nail soon. It's the one next to the big toe. It split years ago from kickboxing and never grew back right. Guess it's time to start it from scratch. I'll post pictures as it progresses. For now it's just a pretty shade of charcoal.
Here is a picture I had to take. It was cracking me up all day. Nicholas wearing a homemade tie dye (a birthday gift from a friend), corduroys, and sandals. And an authentic hemp necklace purchased in the lot of The Dead show. He loves it.
No comments:
Post a Comment