Travis decided to help me out after his morning nap was done. I entered his room and found him only wearing a shirt. Weird considering he was fully dressed when I put him down a few hours earlier. He had removed his pants. And his poopy diaper. Thank goodness the diaper was right side up. And he had not made attempts to sit down or finger paint. (Oh, I've heard the stories of budding artists and I do not want the experience.) If he had been wearing a onesie, the feat would have been more impressive. Kids sure keep you on your toes. You never know what surprises lie behind closed doors.
On another impressive note, Nicholas finally figured out pedaling a bike. He has been trying for years, seriously, to get the concept to work for his feet. Adrian was beside himself with joy that he got to be the first to witness it. And Nicholas was so pleased he ran and told the next door neighbor.
After a couple of years of planning we committed to buying new furniture for the family room. We had to consider style, size, color, fabric, and more importantly detatched cushions - we like to build forts, okay? The couch and loveseat are far past their prime. That's not stopping a friend from taking them off our hands for free. Very glad about that. The new couch, chair and a half, and ottoman are being delivered on Friday. I can't wait. Sitting, or falling between the cushions really, to watch TV and knowing that comfort is just a few days away. Yeah! And we will be armed with squirt guns. Maggie and Grayson won't know what hit them. We'll have four marksmen armed and ready if they even begin to confuse the new furniture with scratching posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment