The elementary school that Nicholas will attend in the fall has after-school care on site provided by the YMCA. We could pay the regular price and he would be the only getting love from the Y. Or we could pay the reduced price plus membership fees and all get love from the Y.
Nicholas and I went to sign up for the after-school program (btw, it's crazy how all of this stuff has to take place months before school even starts) and join the Y. We received the adult and kid-friendly tour. One of the kinds that hypes it up so you're both excited. We included the child care program with our membership since almost every visit I will have at least one child with me. Nicholas saw the kids' clubhouse for the elementary age - it has foosball, ping pong, and board games. Way cooler than the preschool room with train tables and shape sorter toys.
He's been a great motivator for me. After work if I'm feeling a little sluggish, he begs to go to the Y. And I can't turn him down on this one. I drop them off and they don't even look back. They love playing there. I've been going to the spinning class. It's definitely tough. I have my running conditioning to thank because otherwise I'm not sure I could get through an hour of intervals, hill climbs, and continuous sprints.
No comments:
Post a Comment