Saturday, April 24, 2010
Cake, Cake, More Cake
I celebrated my birthday this past week. Those of you who really know me, know that I have thing for number patterns - and double numbers. My birthday falls on a double number so it's only natural. This year I turned a double number. Closer to 35 than 30, oh no. I still say I am 28. I liked that age. Not too old to be uncool, but not too young to be irresponsible. Just right. Yup, I turned 28 again. It's okay, I am not planning to run for President.
Adrian gave me an iPod nano. He tried to give me one a few years ago but I turned him down. That was too much technology and I thought I would never use it. Times have changed. I wanted one this year. He even loaded music on it for me - because that is still too much technology for me to handle. I did read the manual so I know how to use it. Soon I will try adding music. I'll have to psyche myself up for that.
At work we had a cookie cake to celebrate. A co-worker had brought ice cream cake (homemade) for another purpose, so we took advantage of that too. Of course I had some of both. I did have a couple slices of the cookie cake left but some passengers in my car ate it on the way home. Hmmm.
Then at home we had peanut butter cake. Sounds weird, right? It was a layer of chocolate and a layer of yellow with peanut butter flavor icing, and mini-Reese's cups on top. (Side note, mini ones are way better because of the chocolate : peanut butter ratio)
The next day my good friend Janelle brought me the most delicious and moist lemon poundcake with raspberry sauce. I had a couple of slices of that too. And I brought home the leftovers.
Yum! So much cake and so little time before it goes stale.
It's a good thing I have someone who is willing to help me eat it. (Yes, he opened the refrigerator, got a plate and spoon, and just helped himself.) This boy can eat. I could make a whole post about his eating, really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment