Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

I took Travis for his hearing test with an audiologist. There is fluid in his right ear that keeps his ear drum from vibrating. He did pass the hearing test just fine. At his age they don't do the headphones but he could still tell which side of the booth the noise was coming from. The fluid in his ear could be from his current cold, or it could always be there. We are scheduled to go back in a month to see if the fluid has cleared up and go from there.
It was a work day for me so I had to put some hours in working from home. Adrian did his best at keeping the boys occupied. He took Nicholas to Target and Snoopy's (the local hot dog stand). They took pictures of Christmas ideas to email to Santa later. ;) Travis is pretty mellow on his own so it wasn't bad having him while I worked.
After I logged off the computer we drove to Cary to pick up Thanksgiving dinner. We were so impressed with our Whole Foods meal last year that we decided to do it again. We have 4 pounds of turkey breast and all the sides: sweet potatoes, homestyle potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, and apple pie. I feel that I have to make something of my own for it to be a real Thanksgiving meal. I am making stuffing, crescent rolls, and a pumpkin tart. And don't forget we have vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Any pie or tart would be incomplete otherwise.
We invited our good friend Jared to join us for Thanksgiving so that he is not spending the day bachelor style. And he will help make sure that we have very little leftovers.

No comments: