There are so many things to be thankful for. Like waking up before 7 am to watch Handy Manny. And then Adrian finds a place that's open. Like Starbucks. We lounged around the family room to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We played a few games on the Wii in which I beat Adrian's top scores on the ski jump and the hula hoop. And I've played enough on WiiFit to earn more games that no one else has, so I totally own the top scores on those too. But I'm not competitive, really.
We got some things done around the house sporadically. The downstairs bathroom which I'm sure had major health code violations was scrubbed down. A couple of loads of laundry passed through. Video game systems were rearranged. And most importantly, some cooking took place.


Nicholas loves to rough house with Uncle Jared. Travis wants no part in the activity. I am still fascinated by the wayward Yankees and their tendencies to wear shorts year-round.

We really love some carbs up in here. This is dinner after everyone made their first pass. The leftovers are going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to reheating that macaroni and cheese.

And here is dessert. Jared really likes to bake. He brought enough cookies and brownies for an army. And there is my pumpkin tart - recipe courtesy of the 5 ingredient lady on FoodNetwork. There's an itty bitty apple pie from Whole Foods.
So now that I'm totally carb loaded and won't need to eat for a long, long time. I need a nap. Tomorrow I should probably go for a good run in an effort to burn off of some of this. The average Thanksgiving meal is 3000 calories!
1 comment:
I love the way Nicholas is casting loving glances at the pumpkin tart. And Travis is so funny on the sofa, looking a little alarmed while Nicholas is being tossed around. Sounds and looks like you guys had a really nice holiday! =)
Post a Comment