Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Free Food Rules

Who doesn't love to score free food? You offer it, I'll take you up on it. I've got hungry mouths to feed, including my own.

On Saturday, our neighbors (one of the few we actually know and only because coincidentally the husband works with Adrian) entered and won a free ice cream party from Edy's. The company is promoting neighborhoods and community. Cyndi wrote a nice essay about how her neighbors are like family. She received enough ice cream and supplies - bowls, scoops, spoons - for 100 people. I took Nicholas over while Adrian stayed back with the napping Travis. We made name tags with our name and favorite flavor of ice cream. Nicholas picked chocolate and I picked caramel delight. Yum! (We did bring back some french silk for Adrian.)

This morning was free pastry day at Starbucks. And there is a location conveniently across the street from my building. Nice, huh? My co-worker printed off a bunch of the coupons. The hitch was you had to buy a beverage. Non-fat caramel latte and a cinnamon roll - technically half, I couldn't eat it all. Probably the highlight of the work day.

Then tonight was Super Hero night at the neighborhood Chick Fil A. If you came dressed as a super hero, you got a free kids meal with the purchase of a meal. So Nicholas went as Batman, and Travis went as Spiderman. We got a lot of looks from people walking around. The manager was very excited to have participants for the theme. And the cow, of course, was excited. He came over to tease the boys. Thankfully Nicholas has gotten over his fear of giant costumed creatures. And next week is pajama night!




No comments: