I got this beautiful long stem rose when I crossed the finish line of the 30th Annual Run for the Roses on Sunday. I attempted to beat my personal record of 30:06 set in the fall of 2003 (pre-kids). It was a nice course through an area near downtown that I had never been through. There was one minor hill and then in the last mile a ridiculous hill that went around a sharp curve. Adrian and the boys were waiting by the final stretch. He told me to gun it because I was close to the record. I thought he was telling me to beat the guy next to me. So I did that. And came very close to my record at 30:20. I will try again to beat it and I will make sure the course doesn't have a ridiculous hill.
Later that afternoon I made our annual Valentine's cookies. I should look into a standing mixer though. Using a hand mixer for the egg whites and sugar makes my arms want to fall off. Meringue cookies are worth it to me. They are so similar to astronaut ice cream the way they melt in your mouth. I promise you that in previous years the cookies looked better. This time they ended up looking like pink heart-shaped turds. But they are still delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment