Sunday, September 6, 2009
Nicholas Hears a Who
Nicholas was complaining that he couldn't hear out of his right ear. He kept pulling on his ear because it seemed to help. No fever, no pain. I took him to the doctor (I love that they have weekend hours) this morning. The doctor said his ear was full of wax and ordered an "ear bath". The nurse flushed his ear out with nice warm water. It was a neat contraption that hooks up to the faucet and has a hose running water in and a hose sucking water out. At first it must have tickled like crazy but once he got used to the sensation of a water gun shooting in his ear he settled down. When it was done he noticed an immediate difference. He told the doctor he could hear again. I said, "well, then, you'll have no more excuses." The doctor's response, "hearing and listening are two very different things." Classic. And so so right, especially regarding a four year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment