Saturday, September 26, 2009

Capital City Bike Fest


We took the boys downtown to the Capital City Bike Fest. Lots and lots of motorcycles of all shapes, sizes, noise levels, and ages. One of Travis's favorite words is "bike". He will happily point out any form of a cycle whenever one is in view. He will repeatedly say "bike" in increasing volume until you acknowledge that yes, in fact, that was a bike he saw. He thought it was neat at first and then I think he got overwhelmed at the sheer number of bikes he saw.
Also, there was a local BMX group doing a show. They pulled off a few stunts on the ramps before the misty rain rendered it unsafe. Then they did flat land tricks until their brakes got too wet. It took a few tries to get the hang of the timing, but I was able to grab one good shot. "Look mom, no hands!" The boys were in heaven today. They love BMX, motocross, and skateboards.
And did I mention it was free? Cheap entertainment is there for the taking, you just have to find it.

No comments: