Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fresh New Do

I went to my only hairstylist this afternoon. I've been going to her since the week she moved here from PA. She's married and doesn't have kids. So we talk about lots of other great things in the world. Her husband is a mixed martial arts fighter. A sport which I enjoy, sometimes we talk about his fights, training and weight-cutting. Or we talk about TV shows like Lost and Survivor. Today's topic was her new 125 gallon salt water tank. Fascinating. And I can tell she's really excited about the process to set it up and get the ecosystem established. I don't know if I'm one of her top favorite clients or not. Maybe she doesn't get to talk about herself very much and everyone gabs her off about their own lives. I was totally open to hearing about the tank, the extra work of having invertebrates, and how clown fish decide their gender after they've grown up a little. Imagine if humans decided their gender in middle school once it's obvious who will be larger - and those become the females. Totally freaky.

As always, I went with pretty much the same style I've had a for a few years running. Sometimes I add bangs, sometimes I blend them away. I've become a "hair stuck in the collar" hater, so the back of my hair has to be a little higher. Today I went with the more casual bob, instead of the perfect sleek bob. (I read a blog that referred to it as casual - as opposed to messy. More glamorous, right?)

How do I look?


2 comments:

Debbie C said...

Wow! Plastic surgery for no extra charge -- the woman has many talents! But I liked the original look -- can this be reversed?

Love, WSM

erica said...

I would be thrilled to pieces if the people who cut my hair would talk mostly about themselves, or be okay with silence-- it's too much work to talk about myself when all I want to do is relax during a haircut. =) The woman who cut my hair for years was getting to the point where she understood this, but she just left the salon, so I had a different guy this time who did a great job on my hair but kept making me talk. Sigh.