Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post-Vacation Recovery

I think we're almost back in our groove now. Returning from a trip has a lot of emotions. We're glad the traveling and airports are all done. We really enjoyed the time we had visiting Adrian's parents and extended family. It was great they could get some face time with the boys. I know Nicholas was excited to meet more cousins and both he and Travis were able to bond some more with their grandparents. And we have lots of pictures to remind them of the good times we had. Maybe we won't remind them of the hotel room wrestling matches and the crazy giggling trying to get them to sleep at night. We want to thank everyone we did see for making the time for us. I've already started to think of things to do on our next trip.
On the flip side of reminiscing about the trip and the time away from home is adjusting to returning home. The boys have been back at school for a few days so they are on their regular sleeping and eating schedules. It was a little rough having to wake them up from such a beautiful sleep to get ready for school on Monday and Tuesday. Also, I had a lot of groceries to buy when we returned. I had sort of let things run out before we left and needed to restock. Plus being away from a kitchen and stuff, I was recharged to conquer cooking. I felt revitalized as I cruised the aisles at the grocery store and picked dinner items for the week.
Since we are back on schedule, I do have to get the elder one off to bed with his routine. Batman, pajamas, brush teeth, and read a story.

1 comment:

erica said...

Wow, I know what you mean about needing to restock the kitchen. Jack was home by himself for a week and a half while Kent and I were gone, and guess how many times he went grocery shopping? Yeah, none. So I went into high-frenzy baking and cooking to replenish some of the stuff he'd had to throw out when our fridge had no power, and we made an extended grocery store and produce run as well. Fun stuff, though. I love getting back into cooking after a hiatus.