I took today as a vacation day all to myself. I sent the boys off to school and Adrian off to work by 7:30 am. Then I went back to bed. I think Nicholas shared a little of his germs, I wasn't feeling 100%. I woke up again around 11 when someone rang the doorbell a couple times. As a general rule I don't answer the door unless I am expecting someone. Ed McMahon and the Prize Patrol must have missed me a few times, I'm sure. I showered, dressed, and ate a bowl of ice cream for brunch/lunch while watching Grey's Anatomy on DVR. The doorbell rang again. I pretended I wasn't home again. Do traveling salesman still exist? Or do I have signs in my yard that I need a religious intervention? I know there are signs that I need a landscaping intervention, but that's another issue entirely.
After a very entertaining season premiere of Grey's, I go out of the house...alone! I go to Target to get things that I convinced myself I need. Then Panera for a Pink Ribbon bagel and caramel latte. HT to get a few necessities for the weekend: bananas, bagels, milk, and Corona. Oh, and then the gas station to fill up, just in case we really do run out, and through the car wash. Ever since Adrian told Nicholas the brushes were monsters a couple years ago, he's been deathly afraid to go through another car wash.
I come home with enough time to stash a couple of Travis's birthday presents before everyone is home. So now it's back to normal family life.
1 comment:
What a nice day. My Wednesdays and Thursdays are supposed to be dissertation days (when Kent goes to school), but sometimes they end up like that. I think we all need solo vacations from our regular lives on occasion.
Good Grey's premiere, eh? I watched it today while Kent was napping. Oh, and hey, can I get your blueberry scone recipe when you get a chance, since I'm sadly not in Raleigh to enjoy them? =)
Post a Comment