Saturday, August 9, 2008

08/08/08

My friend Kara, whom I worked with for almost 6 years, got married on the special date. She and Debbie went out to San Diego, CA to make their commitment officially to each other. The ceremony was broadcast live on the internet and our virtual company was requested. Jess (my BFF from work) and I planned a virtual reception in honor of the occasion. I picked up the boys from school and we went to Jess's place to watch. The ceremony was real quick, only about 3 minutes. But the live feed kept going for a while so you could see them afterwards signing the documents, posing for photos, and thanking their virtual guests. Adrian picked up the boys and I stayed to hang out and have dinner. Jess's boyfriend Chris made salads, cooked chicken and penne with vodka sauce. We had chocolate chocolate cake at Kara's request. It was a nice reception. We had really good food, played Mario Party on Wii, and watched the Olympic Opening Ceremony. We also took lots of pictures which we hope Kara will include in some sort of album. We also hope that some of their other friends took pictures. What a neat thing to have, sort of like New Year's Eve, where they show people around the world celebrating separately yet together for the same reason.

1 comment:

erica said...

Cool! Congrats to Kara and Debbie, and that sounds like a great way to help them celebrate. We got to watch Jack's sister get married in Vegas over the internet, though it wasn't live and there was no party at our house. I'm glad you got to have such a fun evening with everyone who couldn't be there for the ceremony! Oh, and GO CALIFORNIA!