A few weeks back I signed Nicholas up for the Y's after school and track out programs. I still envisioned the start of school being several months away. Growing up we were on a traditional school calendar and the first day of school was right before Labor Day. My mom would take us to Ocean City to visit our grandparents. The water was so warm in August. We'd come back right before open house for school. In my mind school still started then. And things don't change ever, right?
If you're in a year round school, like our neighborhood school, it follows a 4 track calendar. This allows 3 tracks to always be in school and 1 to always be out. 45 days in, 15 days out. All tracks have the same holidays off. It appears to be a delicate science of dividing up the expected class sizes and accommodating track requests.
We got our official track assignment letter in the mail recently - and it's going into the previously mentioned yet to be constructed scrapbook (Amanda - we will have to get together because I need professional guidance).
Our assigned track starts on July 9, 2010 and ends the school year on June 30, 2011. Holy cow! July 9! That's like right after Independence Day! That is so much sooner than I had planned for in my mind. My baby is going to start kindergarten in just a couple of months. Whoa.
2 comments:
Ocean City - Maryland or New Jersey? Or someplace else?
OCMD!
Post a Comment