Around 3 am I heard a noise and a small cry from the boys' room, because I have mom ears and I hear everything. I knew the cry was one requiring attention. I opened the door to their room and WHAM! - the smell hit me right away. You know that smell, it's indescribable but so recognizable. It was only a little bit of puke, he said he was okay. I wiped him off, gave him some water, rinsed his pacifier, and put a couple of towels over the spot. All was good for about 20 minutes.
Time for Round 2. This time I woke up Adrian (he doesn't have mom ears obviously) because he is the clean up guy. Travis changed pajamas and got washed up. Sheets were stripped from the bed and taken to the wash. After rounds 3 and 4, Travis slept just fine - on the couch with me holding him.
Even though he woke up in his normal perky state, he stayed home from school. I didn't bring home my laptop yesterday (I had done work Monday and Tuesday night and really didn't want to do anymore) so I got to stay home with him and took a sick day.
We've watched TV, played football and basketball, snuggled, and snoozed. It's been lovely with just the two of us, I must admit. However I haven't eaten. He's at the age where he won't understand that he can't eat yummy food if his tummy is upset. And will pitch a fit if he has to witness. But now he's napping in his bed so I should make a fabulous lunch to tide me over for the afternoon. Quickly, before he wakes up.
2 comments:
Oh, poor guy! Did you read DaveWeekly this week? Seems like Kyle and Travis are sick buddies. :(
The snuggles when they're sick are really the only redeeming part... I'm glad you guys are getting through your day, and I hope you got to eat something!
Guess you weren't too interested in stuff that he COULD eat (like Jello, chicken broth, etc.) I can't imagine why... Hope he's feeling perkier today, and that no one else picked up the bug. Please give him a (gentle) hug from GranDebbie.
Post a Comment