Saturday, October 17, 2009

Apparently He Was Hungry

I took the boys to Target this afternoon. Nicholas needed some pants and shirts, just a few. Items I thought I was buying big back in the winter, yeah, not so big anymore. I was really hoping they would hold through the fall but he looks pitiful with his wrists and ankles showing. I let him take the responsibility of picking items he liked: a couple pairs of pants - with elastic waists because time is of the essence for young boys in the bathroom, and a few long sleeve t-shirts.
We grabbed a few grocery items. Nicholas wanted corn dogs and french fries for dinner. And I had to get the exact same kind of corn dogs as last time, and I have learned from the past to not deviate from these kinds of things. Travis has a fascination with frozen foods. He holds them to his face and pretends to mend a boo-boo. So I let him play with the box of corn dogs while we shopped some more.
Nicholas and I were looking over the selection of umbrella strollers with our backs to Travis (the cart safely near by, don't worry). When we turned around the sight of Travis was truly something to behold. That boy managed to open the box of corn dogs, take out his pacifier, and begin licking a corn dog. He was genuinely pleased with his accomplishment and seemed to like the corn dog popsicle.
We headed straight for the check out line. The cashier wasn't even phased, maybe she's seen this happen before or worse. We went home and I promptly cooked corn dogs and fries for us. Someone really wanted to eat.

No comments: